Well tickle me surprised, The Chindividual nominated me for a blogging-type award thing! I’m flattered, and really grateful that I have something to post today because while I took care of pre-vacation blogging, I had no thought of the dry well that would be my brain for post-vacation blogging.
Here are the stipulations, so I am told:
- Use the “official” logo of the award in this post – check
- Link back to the gentleperson who nominated you. Thanks again, Chindividual! – check
- List 10 pieces of information about myself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who specifically (in the words of Chin) “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Notify my nominees that they are in fact nominees!
So let’s get down to brass tacks.
- I just got my city’s Yelp Elite squad badge and I’m way too excited about.
- I’m THAT person that falls in love with a song or album and listens to it on repeat for days. Weeks. MONTHS maybe. I don’t force others to listen as frequently though, so I’m not THAT THAT person.
- Related to the above statement, my current obsessions are Heartthrob and The Con by Tegan and Sara and The 20/20 Experience by Justin Timberlake. Prior to that it was Camp by Childish Gambino and Cardboard Castles by Watsky.
- Sushi is by far my favorite food, and I just admitted that to myself yesterday.
- To steal some ideas from others: my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving (ALSO FOOD RELATED! Lots of themes through this list).
- Because I feel like it’s such a non-issue in my life now: the long-term hiatus on this blog you’ll notice from a few months ago is because I was engaged, but then I called it off, and lived my life as it was prior to engagement again.
- I think my favorite movie is Stranger Than Fiction.
- A story that got shared often this weekend as I was in the rainy environment of coastal Oregon: as a child, slugs terrified me, and while they no longer scare me, they still disgust me and I do my best to never look at one.
- I just ate two massive donuts this morning.
- THIS IS SO SHAMEFUL, but I’m just going to do it anyway: I help write a soda review blog called The Fizz Wizards and it’s been lacking in content the past week because both of us wizards have been traveling, BUT! we have some great video content coming down the pipeline, and we’re funny, and it’s about soda so that’s fun, right? Check it out if you get super bored some day.
- Edutainment and I recently found each other and let me tell you: great original content! If you want to read some deeper thoughts about games, more than your standard “Me like” or “Me not like,” then you should definitely check out the site.
- Another recent discovery! The Rhodes Review has the quick and dirty lowdown on a ton of games, trailers, and upcoming content from everyone’s favorite developers. This guy publishes tons of content all the time which is awesome when you a) want the news and b) are bored and need new things to read at work. Check out the site!
- If you came to this blog because you thought I would actually play the games on The List and are disappointed that I’m doing a HORRIBLE job of it, check out Playing the Canon! Joel has some great thoughts about old and new games alike and we have bonded over our need to catch up on old games to buff our game cred.
- League of Legends really befuddled me in the beginning, and frankly still does most of the time when I play. Stumbling across Two HP Too Few‘s blog specifically about LoL strategy and just general thoughts about the game, the changes in gameplay, the community, etc. has been a really interesting read! Read it, do it, do it, do it.
- Gaming Grad knows his stuff and does a great job not only relating said stuff in a quick, easy-to-digest way, but he also seems to cover all he big new stuff that comes out, to help us all keep up with the young ‘uns. Because kids, amirite? This is getting tangential; check out his gaming news site!
- For less traditional, following-the-pulse-of-the-industry gaming news, check out The Video Game Nebula. I love reading Astro Adam’s thoughts about games, the state of gaming, and just the funny stuff he puts out on his blog. A great break from obsessively clicking refresh on big sites for the next tidbit of info about next-gen consoles or upcoming game releases.
- If your hobbies extend past gaming (weeeeeird) then check out The Vortex Effect for reviews, updates, news, etc. about a smorgasbord of entertainment news (movies, TV, wrestling, ranting, etc.).
- Ohhhh these guys should’ve been at the top of the list. What’s Your Tag! Funny comic strip, interspersed with gaming news, reviews, and opinion. Seriously, a great read all the time, do yourself a favor and follow these guys.
- I love browser/freeware games, and doing my part to destroy any stigma about the genre. My blogger-in-arms for the same cause is Games That Exist! Deep thoughts about games that are actually deep and not the popcorn genre that so many impose on it.
- And I’ll round out the list with a recent collective of bloggers I found, all over at Counter Attack! They do it all: podcasts, news, reviews, editorials, videos, and it’s all high-quality content at their labor of love. Subscribe to all of their outlets for great info about the haps around the industry!
Off to tweet to ten people about their awesomeness! Seriously, if you’re lacking on content or are want to spice up your current blog roll, check out any of the authors I highlighted above – they’re doing great work!